The Book: The Unified Body | The Blog: Am Echad | |

 

"It is better to take refuge in Adonai than to trust in human beings; better to take refuge in Adonai than to put one's trust in princes." -Tehilah 118:8-9



Shalom!

Shalom and welcome to The Unified Body, a blog dedicated to:

I was motivated to start this blog after doing a LOT of online research about Messianic Judaism and finding a lot of incorrect teaching, along with a huge amount of stereotyping about my faith. I was also motivated by what I found lacking in regards to a Messianic internet presence, namely a lack of blogs by Messianics about Messianic Judaism. The Jewish blogosphere (J-blogosphere) is massive and diverse, yet it contains relatively little opinion coming from the Messianic community. In the age of the Internet, it is both sad and inexcusable that Messianics do not have much of a virtual presence through which they can communicate with the world on a regular basis.

In establishing this blog, it is my hope that I can both be a voice and connect with other voices in the Messianic world. I also hope that, through this blog, I can help to dispell some common myths and misinterpretations about Messianic Judaism. Finally, it is my greatest prayer that this blog would be a forum through which Messianic Judaism is shaped and defined, not by religious traditions or the teachings of religious leaders, but through the Ruach-filled study of Torah, guided by the teachings of Rav Yeshua haMashiach.

My goal with this blog is not to cause offense, but simply to speak what I know to be true through faith in Messiah Yeshua. In sharing what I have learned about my faith, my culture, and my people, I seek to encourage fellow believers in Messiah in their halacha (walk) with HaShem. At the same time, I also want to encourage Jewish people from all walks of life to seek out the truth of HaShem for themselves, to pray and read Torah and Tanak for themselves with all their "heart, soul, and strength" as is commanded in the V'havata prayer, taken from D'varim (Deuteronomy) 6:4-9. Finally, but certainly not lastly, I hope that this blog provides some insight into Messianic Judaism for all those with questions about and an interest in the faith, whether they be Jew or gentile.

The natural disclaimer that should go before anything of this nature: Please do not take my word for it. Read the scripture for yourself. See if what I am saying passes the test. This is the only way you will know with conviction that what you are reading, whether it is here or anywhere else, is the truth. Please, I am no Rabbi, therefore, never take my word for it.

Todah Rabbah (Thank you, very much) for stopping by and bevakasha (please) come again. Until then, shalom.



, , ,

posted by Shoshana @ 1:52 PM

3 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger FutureMind said...

Shoshana... loved your bio.
Keep hanging in there sistah.

By the way this is my very first posting to a blog so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. Your blog related to mine b/c we both have TANAK (i.e. TNK, i.e. Torah, Navaim, Ketuvim) listed as our favorite books.

I'm impressed by your travels... Your "journey". Don't worry about what others of the tribe say... family is family. Grafting is grafting. And Jews are Jews. So says our Ketuba w/ Hashem.

Sincerely,

FutureMind, (Melech Haggadah)

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Chris Batz said...

Bless you!

Thank you for addressing all the such topics in your blog!

Thank you for honoring Yeshua...

Keep it up and may the Lord bring abundant revelation of His heart.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Closeups From Far Away said...

Dear Shoshana,

This is the Schneiers from closeupsfromfaraway. How did you find out blog? Have we met you? Keep in touch. David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home