The Book: The Unified Body | The Blog: Am Echad | |

 

"It is better to take refuge in Adonai than to trust in human beings; better to take refuge in Adonai than to put one's trust in princes." -Tehilah 118:8-9



Israel's War & Messianic Jewish Silence

I am just completely blown away by the lack of commentary on Israel's war by the Messianic Jewish blog world.

Now, I should clarify that while I believe in Yeshua and am Jewish, I haven't been an active participant in the Messianic world for nearly 10 years. Long story short, I decided to explore what it meant to be Jewish, which meant befriending and getting into the world of Jewish Americans and Israelis. Consequently, my perspective when it comes to Israel and being Jewish is radically different from most Messianic Jews.

That being said, holy cow. Seriously. I saw two brief mentions of the war amidst a bunch of self-involved and/or theologically warped posts that were absolutely irrelevant to what is really going on with Israel and the Jewish people as a whole. These two breif mentions contained factual errors and inaccuracies, indicating that the Hamas rocket attacks have been going on "for a couple of years" (try 5-8) and telling readers "the American media is left-wing and biased" (which is true) so they should read Israeli news instead-- the only Israeli paper recommended, though, was Ha'aretz--which is about as left wing as you can get.

When I began my foray into the mainstream Jewish world, I was met with a lot of criticism from my Messianic counterparts. The common insinuation was that I was becoming "Judaized" (*gasp* can you imagine- a JEWISH Messianic JEW?!?!) and would lose my faith. Ten years later, my faith in Yeshua is as strong as ever. But I can tell you what I have lost: my faith in the Messianic Jewish world.

Our people are fighting for our right to exist, and all the Messianics can do is blather on about creating Messianic Beit Dins. Hm. Sounds like they're becoming a bit JUDAIZED to me! The irony is, they're running the risk of becoming as irrelevant to the Jewish world as any ultra-Orthodox clan. A Messianic Beit Din. What? You've got to be kidding me. Who's really going to submit to that? The movement that consists primarily of good-hearted gentiles who still struggle with giving up pork? Or the newly-formed Sanhedrin that would fall over if any believing Jew ever walked in with a court case to be heard?

Really, folks, who are we kidding? If there's one thing I've learned about being Jewish, it's that you don't get very far by imitating someone else's Jewishness and claiming it as your own; that's not being Jewish, that's being a poser.

Messianic Jews. I love them, but man, talk about being out of the loop.

Enough editorializing. Back to the important stuff. Have you read the livebloggers today? Read! Support their sponsors! Donate!

http://muqata.blogspot.com
http://www.israellycool.com


Go, IDF, GO!

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Shoshana @ 12:57 PM

<< Home